- CVC affirms the “Baptist Faith and Message” (2000) and the “Second London Confession” (1689).
- GOD – There is only one, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Deuteronomy 6:4, Genesis 1-2, Psalm 145:3, John 1:1, Psalm 90:2).
- JESUS – The Lord Jesus Christ is fully divine and fully man. He was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, performed authentic miracles, died in the place of sinners to pay for their sins, rose bodily from the grave, ascended into heaven, and works as mediator in heaven (Matthew 28:18-20, John 1:1, John 1:14, Isaiah 9:6, 2 Corinthians 5:21, 1 Peter 2:21, Matthew 28:6, 1 John 2:1).
- HOLY SPIRIT – Spiritual life given by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary for the salvation of man. His ministry includes indwelling and regenerating the believer, enabling him to live a godly life (John 3:5-7, Romans 8:9-11, 1 Corinthians 6:19).
- THE BIBLE – The Bible is the inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God without error in its original writings it is:
Inspired – The Bible was given to us by God through human writers (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21).
Infallible – It is not misleading and is a sure, safe, and reliable rule and guide in all matters (Proverbs 30:5).
Inerrant – It is free from all falsehood or mistakes and is entirely true and trustworthy (Matthew 4:4, Deuteronomy 8:3, Matthew 5:17-18).
- MAN – Although man was created in the image of God, he sinned, causing physical death and separation from God. All human beings are born with a sinful nature, and exercise their sinful nature in thought, word, and deed (Genesis 1:27, 2:17, Romans 6:23, 5:12-14, 3:23, 3:10).
- SALVATION – The sinless life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ provide the only basis for the salvation of all who believe. Only those who receive Jesus Christ as Lord, exercising repentance and faith in Him, are children of God (1 Corinthians 15:3-6, John 14:6, Acts 4:12, John 1:12).
- THE FUTURE – The Lord Jesus Christ will return bodily to the earth to complete our salvation and establish His kingdom. All the dead will experience a bodily resurrection, the believer to eternal joy with the Lord, and the unbeliever to judgement and eternal punishment. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, 1 John 3:2, Daniel 12:2, Revelation 7:14).